Friday, January 9, 2009
Finally a happy drop-off
So Ayden started his new preschool this week (I haven't taken any pictures yet - I know, bad blogger). Every day I have left him screaming and crying in the arms of the teacher....Ugh! It's the hardest thing, but after a few minutes they said he was fine the rest of the day. It's going great otherwise - he's playing, reading books, doing projects - things were all good except being dropped off. Today - day 4 - we walked in, put his coat away, got his breakfast out, he started to whine, I gave him a hug and kiss, he sat down in the chair, and said "Bye, mommy" and started to eat. AHHH, it was such a relief!! I'm sure we'll have set-backs, but I'm glad the transition didn't take long! Maybe next week I'll remember to bring my camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sometimes those moments are harder than the crying as you realize they are growing up and don't need you as much as they did before. Thumbs up to the big boy!
So glad things are getting better. I can't imagine how hard it is to leave him like that! Pretty soon he'll be a pro. :)
Post a Comment