We had a shaky start to swimming lessons at the new indoor pool. Ayden's first lesson on Feb 1st was full of tears and fit-throwing. When we talked about it in the week leading up to his first lesson, he kept insisting that I had to get in the pool with him (because we did a mommy & me class last summer). I told him he was 3 now and only kids and teachers get in the pool when you are 3. He was not satisfied with that answer. Luckily, he had a great teacher who made a connection with him through his tears and he only cried for about 5 minutes or so. The next lesson the crying lasted 20 minutes...of the 1/2 hour lesson. The following week he started crying when we pulled in the parking lot. I was prepared with jelly bean bribery and there was no crying once he got in the pool! Success! The next few lessons he was finally excited to be there.
As of last lesson on Wednesday, he can:
jump in
ed.jpg)
put his head under the water
ed.jpg)
climb out on his own
do "kickers" and "scoopers"
ed.jpg)
.....All of which he could do at the end of last summer.
ed.jpg)
So, we spend $55 for a month of swimming lessons to get him to the point he was at at the end of last summer. Hopefully next month he'll actually make some progress!
1 comment:
awww...at least he's enjoying the water it seems (by the end) which should always be the goal I guess. This year I'm going to do private lessons and my goal is only for Katie to be able to get herself from the middle of the pool to the side by herself. I don't care about anything else!!! :P We'll see if that happens.
Post a Comment